We recently held our annual Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries conference in Rothschild, WI May 1-3.
One of the evening activities scheduled was to visit the Marathon County Public Library headquarters in Wausau, WI.
Julie, the Adult Services Librarian, gave 22 visiting library staff a tour, including some behind the scenes stuff.
When in town, I like visiting other public libraries to see how they do things. This library did not disappoint.
I took some photos of things I thought looked great or were cool ideas, including:
- Bath tub for sitting and reading in at the children’s library
- Early literacy area with a theme that changes regularly
- Let us request that for you language on the end cap sign
- Earbuds for sale in the vending machine. Genius.
- Vertical displayed TV with a display of materials underneath.
- Random Acts of Kindness passive programs in the Tween Scene.